Sunday 1 January 2012

The Wish List.....The Oasis

I had so many ideas for this little space....I guess I thought the room was a lot larger than it really it is!
A built in book shelf, crisp white panel moulding, ceiling lighting, a desk, a cozy ottoman, an ipod dock, a gas fireplace, 2 comfy leather chairs.............

I also knew what I didn't want (that is always a good place to start)  I certainly didn't want a "living room" from days of your...the stuffy unsat upon furniture, formal lighting and an uninviting feel.  The quotes from Millwork professional came in and I almost gave up on the project.  The shelves alone would absorb almost all of my budget (quote was $9000) !!
A yellowy painted shelf...needed some work but was a steal

These 2 recliners (leather!) were also a great find but once delivered I worried they were  too large for space!

This beautiful gas fireplace had a mantle issue and it did not sit flush against the wall.  AAARGGH
My good friend Donna and I hit the streets and combed local furniture stores in the hopes of some other inspirtation.  The bookshelf above was a great find (needed painting) as were the leather chairs.  The white mantled gas fireplace followed.  The large pieces were in place........now for the hard stuff...

No comments:

Post a Comment