Saturday 28 January 2012

Almost There.......



Just a few more finishing touches and the crew will be rolling up their drop sheets and leaving me with a beautiful new room.

Funny thing about this light fixture........it was formally a Restoration Hardware piece...sort of a tarnished bronze finish with 8 gold linen lampshades
I used metallic paint from a craft store in a Pewter finish.  The paint went on thick and smooth.  Took no time at all to have a beautiful new faux finish.
I then painted the lampshades (yes painted!) with white fabric paint.  That also went on smoothly with a roller and left behind a flawless finish.
Here is the final product. I was so happy with it UNTIL..........
I turned on the light switch and MY OLD FIXTURE APPEARED!!  The gold from the linen shades glowed right through the 4 coats of white paint.  The metallic finish also took on that gold hue and looked exactly like it did before I painted it!!   It has become the marvel of the entire room.  My kids especially like to turn the switch on and off saying "new light, old light, new light, old light"  hahaha

No comments:

Post a Comment