Saturday 28 January 2012

Bergere Nightmare.....Dining Room

IF I could stop this project right now, I would !!  I must admit that I am a very impatient person and a job like this calls for someone with the patience of a Saint!!

The Black paint went on smoothly...........that is a positive start non??

The upholstery, not so smooth and I am afraid that it is only going to get more challenging.  I managed to get the back fabric of one chair on and in place  and stapled the foam on top.  The  challenge for me was to hit the exact spot for the staples, not to high, low or on the inside of the chair......black fabric on black paint in the dusky hours of the day made for a "fun" experience.  I managed to get the outer fabric (like a foam sandwich) in place and stapled down.  By the time I trimmed away all the excess fabric and foam I could tell that my lines were not straight.  On occasion I also seemed to have missed the mark with the electric staple gun and pierced thru the wood frame just enough to cause it to splinter!!

Going to let the next chair sit for a day or two..............Really.............I am going to finish them!!!



A FEW DAYS LATER.........So I did get the beautiful black
velvet in place.  Made lots of errrors but I am hoping the piping from the Seamstress will cover them.  The cushions are being reupholstered and I will have a new look for these old chairs in a few weeks.
The unfinished chairs have made their way into the dining room (aka Martini Lounge) and I cant wait until they are finally ready to be sat upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment